During the week a friend related two bad experiences he had earlier. One was an attack on his person and another an attack on his property. He pointed out the Devil was at work. Not knowing quite what to say for the best, I suggested he hang in there and that he should read the very last chapter of the Bible (Revelation 22). There he will discover the Devil is defeated and God wins in the end.
It got me thinking about this fascinating and, in the eyes of many, mysterious and off limits book of the Bible. Having been influenced from my youth by the Plymouth Brethren, who took a particular interest in end time events, and my own studies, I feel especially drawn to Revelation, yet also recognize that many have made foolish interpretations concerning the rich imagery contained therein.
Part of my watchmen activities is trying to make sense of what is happening in the world, and events do take place at an alarming rate. While I must resist the temptation of relating events to specific passages in the book of Revelation and need to be humble enough not to speculate more than what can be deduced from the scriptures themselves, I did find myself thinking about the Mark of the Beast. In a nutshell it is to do with a rise to power of a one world dictator (the Beast (Antichrist)) subjugating the masses by stealth and part of that is insisting they take on their person the Mark of the Beast, as a means of control and only then could they buy and sell.
While people have pontificated what exactly that Mark is and how the program is to be rolled out, few doubt that the technology is now available and in a way not even George Orwell could have envisaged when he wrote 1984. I would like to point to a number of recent developments, some of these on the face of it are beneficial:
- Micro chipping is becoming increasingly commonplace and besides having many other applications can be used as a means for facilitating buying and selling.
- We are in a paradigm right now when access to the Internet can be and is controlled by a tiny minority.
- In accessing the Internet we are increasingly being spied on, as well as by other means.
- In China, in collusion with the likes of the big Internet giants, peoples’ information can be readily obtained and used to punish those of its citizens the people who are in power disapprove of.
- Robots and artificial intelligence are now a reality and are set to take control of our lives, including merging man with machine.
- Not only do we have a powerful elite advocating a new world order and global government, the current culture wars includes the fight between globalism and nationalism.
- While not a new phenomenon, political correctness is an ideology that continues to gain acceptance and we are increasingly seeing the shutting down of dissenting voices.
I raise these points as I do in many of my writings by way of warning. I daresay when the reign of the AntiChrist does come in, and who knows how, when, by who etc. these could be factors and then again it could be things I haven’t even thought of. If going with the flow seems like an attractive proposition, then think again:
“A third Angel followed, shouting, warning, “If anyone worships the Beast and its image and takes the mark on forehead or hand, that person will drink the wine of God’s wrath, prepared unmixed in his chalice of anger, and suffer torment from fire and brimstone in the presence of Holy Angels, in the presence of the Lamb. Smoke from their torment will rise age after age. No respite for those who worship the Beast and its image, who take the mark of its name.”” Revelation 14:9-11
The AntiChrist will deceive many, but be sure to follow the true and not the false Christ, even if there is a price to be paid and there will be for all true believers (for my theologically minded friends, I believe in the Second Coming but not the Secret Rapture, meaning we do not escape the Great Tribulation). After the AntiChrist is defeated when the true Christ returns to Earth, He will come and reign and those who follow Him will also reign with Him.
God does indeed win in the end!